Mission Statement

If it has anything whatsoever to do with art, music or the planet I'm blogging it! This is a fairly new website though, so let me know how I'm doing, either by e-mailing feedback, or posting a comment, or voting, or sharing, or ... whatever method you're comfortable with. (And thanks a lot for reading today. I really appreciate it.) Take a free art exhibition tour right HERE.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

World's Biggest Afro

The world's biggest afro is BIG. 

How big is it? Well, larger than a disco ball, and, although it's definitely out of this world, still somewhat smaller than a Mars lander.

But it grows, remember, and at over four-feet in circumference already that's quite a piece of sculpture to have in tow 24/7.

A living, breathing work of art.

New Orleans resident Aevin Dugas is the proud owner of this hairy masterpiece and a Guinness Book record-holder for the world's biggest afro. 

The 38-year-old has been primping her stellar coif for almost 15 years, she says, and every now and then enduring some setbacks as a result.

“I don’t wear it like this on an airplane because people would probably slap me, because it touches people. I’ve had somebody want to beat me up at a concert.”

And that's not all. Dugas has very limited peripheral vision now, her big hair acting like veritable blinders. 

Plus, she also has to dodge trees and bushes all the time because, if she's not careful, her humungous hairdo can easily get snagged in them...

“So it can be kind of problematic," she concedes, "but I still wouldn’t change a thing about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment