Mission Statement

If it has anything whatsoever to do with art, music or the planet I'm blogging it! This is a fairly new website though, so let me know how I'm doing, either by e-mailing feedback, or posting a comment, or voting, or sharing, or ... whatever method you're comfortable with. (And thanks a lot for reading today. I really appreciate it.) Take a free art exhibition tour right HERE.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lollapalooza 2013, Elton John, and a missing appendix

While the Lollapalooza 2013 music fest rocks on, Sir Elton John is missing out on all the art and fun, stranded as it were across the pond in a hospital bed.

He's recuperating today at his home in Nice France, after recent surgery to remove his appendix.

Britain's aging knight of glitter rock and pop suffered a prolonged bout of appendicitis during which he managed to complete at least ten major performances "in agony" before succumbing to the condition this past week.

The 66-year-old could have died from the abscess and inflammation, he acknowledged, but he's alive and well, and for the time being taking it easy.

Most of Elton John's concerts planned for this summer have understandably been canceled now, but his publicists and promoters say they expect he'll be well enough to return to the stage by September or October.

The grammy-winning superstar also has a series of American gigs scheduled here in Las Vegas this autumn, provided there are no related health complications of course.

Last week he was able to post a gracious message of thanks to all his concerned fans and well-wishers worldwide:

"I would like to thank the literally thousands of people who have sent me get well cards and messages over the past two weeks," he said. "Your well wishes have touched me deeply and will play a big part in my recovery. I cannot wait to see you all and thank you in person when I resume my concert schedule later this year."

We'll content ourselves with Lollapalooza 2013 until then. Get well soon, Elton John.

1 comment:

  1. find great Lollapalooza flashback photos @ http://music.yahoo.com/photos/lollapalooza-flashback-the-early-years-1374866100-slideshow/

    ReplyDelete